watermelon diseases and treatment
Contents in this Post
- We are fully describe the Watermelon diseases and its treatment , now we small talk about watermelon farming and watermelon fruit climate for Growing requires lots of space, lots of sun, lots of water and lots of nutrients. They are greedy, rambling vines, like all plants in the cucurbiteae family like pumpkin, cucumbers. If you stay in warmer climates, you can direct sow seeds outdoors, but wait until the soil temperature warms to at least 70 degrees to avoid poor germination. It is an excellent desert fruit and their juices contain 92% water along with proteins, minerals and carbohydrates. Watermelon diseases like Anthracnose , Downy Mildew , Gummy Stem Blight , Bacterial Wilt and Powdery are main in watermelon farming.
Grown Areas In India:-
- In India it is generally cultive in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Panjab, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh.
- Downy Mildew
- Gummy Stem Blight
- Bacterial Wilt
- Powdery Mildew
- Anthracnose is cause by a fungal pathogen that can affect Watermelon.
- Rapid defoliation of vines reduces bulk yields. Fruit infection results in unsalable melons.
- A very destructive disease of watermelons and other cucurbits.
- Anthracnose attacks all above-ground parts of the plant.
- Watermelon can be infect at any stage of development; however, disease symptoms are first notice as round to angular reddish brown spots on older leaves.
- Spots may dry, turn almost black and tear out, giving a leaf a rag appearance.
- Often the leaves at the center of the plant are killed first, leaving the stem and a portion of the runners bare.
- This Disease is avoid using of crop rotation with combine an Neem oil. Before harvests of new plants grow in farm.
- Downy Mildew is a disease that results in economic damage to watermelon crops.
- It is easily confused with other melon disorders because it only affects leaves.
- When you Note that, In Watermelons plant leaf generate angular leaf spots, it create the disease.
- It is starts as yellow areas, nut after sometimes turn into brown with purple spots on the affect leaves.
- This Watermelons disease doesn’t affect watermelon fruit but it reduce yields by week our plants.
- Best option is use of avoid to Neem oil, easily control to our plants.
- Also use fungicides that are effective against leaf Blight, gummy stem blight and anthracnose also protect against downy mildew.
Gummy Stem Blight:
- Gummy Stem Blight occur Damping Off, Leaf spot, Fruit Rot of Watermelons.
- Leaves are round or irregular shape and Brown in Colour Leaf.
- First sign is Fruit Of watermelon Plant.
- Under Humid conditions, it is mostly occur.
- Control is difficult to This Disease. But use of Copper Fungicides may be controlled the disease as soon possible.
Bacterial Fruit Blotch:
- This Disease is available from seedlings and young plants. Also in Watermelons fruits.
- It is most off our leaves may brown, but the most sign of disease in the watermelons fruit.
- Use of Copper fungicide, avoid the disease.
- Copper Fungicide sprays apply at 5 to 7 day intervals may reduce the severity of epidemics.
- Powdery mildew is most common disease on the fruits production.
- Mildew caused by the fungus Sphaerothnea, is a major disease of muskmelons.
- Of all the disorders of muskmelons, powdery mildew is the simplest to diagnose.
- It is same of Downy mildew. Doesn’t affect fruit but Affect the plants.
- Neem oil is an excellent treatment, but increase air circulation around our watermelon plant by purn can be equal effective.
- Overhead watering and poor air circulation can contribute to such problem.
- Another problem solving is use of fungicidal sprays can help and other to avoid wetting leaves and use underground or surface watering method.
Please follow and like us: