- Tomato is a warm season crop, it requires warm and cool climate. The Plants cannot with stand frost and high humidity. Today we Disused about the how to Growing Tomato Plants.
- The plant is highly affects by adverse climatic conditions. Also light intensity affects pigmentation, fruit colour, fruit set.
- Also it is require low to medium rainfall. Average monthly temperature of 21 to 23 C. Avoid water stress and long dry period as it cracking of fruits.
- Bright sunshine at the time of fruit set helps to develop red fruits.
Growing Tomato Plants
Contents in this Post
Growing Tomato Plant Farming information :
- Seeds are raise before one month of planting seedlings on the ground with 60 to 90 cm width spacing with convenient length. If you have strong seeds than you can cultivate high effective rich full Growing Tomato plant.
- For obtaining high-quality seedlings, the raise nursery beds soil should be solariz before sowing seeds.
- For soil solarization, the nursery beds should be cover by transparent and micro thin polythene film for about 30 to 50 days.
- Since this is the effective way of controlling weed growth, bacteria, fungus, nematode, pests, insects, and diseases in tomato plants.
- For raising seedling on nursery beds, add about 5 kg of farmyard manure along with 25 kg of Nitrogen, 20 kg of Potassium and 20 kg of Phosphorous, 250 gm neem cake and 20 gm of Trichoderma as a part of land preparation.
- Also, incorporate the neem leaf or neem cake caster leaf or caster cake 400 gm per sq. meter to protect nematodes effectively.
- Mulching by green leaves should be done after sowing seeds on nursery beds.
- Irrigation should be done on daily basis in every morning through rose-can. Irrigation is a effective in Growing Tomato Plants.
- When germination starts in beds, mulching should be discarding immediately and the beds are covers by using fine nylon net to avoid virus transmitting insects and diseases.
How to plants Tomato:
- When seedlings reach their age of one-month older, they should be plant on the field.
- Planting of seedlings should be done into shallow furrow & small lat bed depending on the facility of irrigation and on the ridge for heavy soils.
- Stacking with bamboo sticks having length 2 meters should be done to provide support to the plants.
- The prescribed spacing for the autumn to winter season crop is 60 cm X 75 cm whereas for the spring to summer crop 45 cm X 75 cm.
- Irrigation in tomato production is quite important for healthy growth of plants, quality and quantity of fruits.
- It is important to maintain good moisture level during its growing period.
Tomato Plant Care:
- Water generously for the first few days.
- Water well throughout the growing season, about 2 inches per week during the summer.
- Keep watering consistent.
- Mulch five weeks after transplanting to retain moisture.
- To help tomatoes through periods of drought, find some flat rocks and place one next to each plant.
- The rocks pull water up from under the ground and keep it from evaporating into the atmosphere.
- Fertilize two weeks prior to first picking and again two weeks after first picking.
- If using stakes, prune plants by pinching off suckers so that only a couple stems are growing per stake.
- Practice crop rotation from year to year to prevent diseases that may have overwintered.
How to Cultivate Tomato:
- Within a time span of three months of planting on the main field or about one month of flowering stage, tomatoes attain their maturity to become ready for harvesting. Now this days your Growing Tomato plants ready to cultivate .
- Picking should be done at a different interval of the time span to obtain maximum fruits production.
- Start harvesting mature and healthy fruits when they attain red color and ripe stage.
- The picking of fruits varies according to the purpose.
- First 6 to 8 picking is should be carry out the obtain healthy and high-quality seeds.
- Whereas for the vegetable purpose, harvesting should be done as soon as they start maturity and red color.
- Avoid any type of damage to the plants while fruit picking.
- Grading of fruits should be done on the basis of quality; size, color, and weight after collecting them from the field.
- Storing of fruits should be done at a proper place and are sent off for sold to the nearby market.