Grape Farming All Details
Contents in this Post
- Grape Farming All Details
- #Grown Areas of Grape:-
- #Nutritive and Medical Value of Grape:-
- #How Can Grow Grapes…?
- #Varieties of Grape Cultivated in India:
- #Growing Requirement for Grapes:
- #Suitable soil/Land Preparation for Grape Farming:
- #Best Planting season for Grape farming :
- #Spacing Between Plants:
- #Fertilizers and Nutrition requirements in Grape farming:
- #Water supply/Irrigation in Grape Farming:
- #Disease in Grapes:
- Grape farming is one of the most Lucrative and Profitable farming in India. A Grapes are good source of minerals like calcium, phosphorous, iron and vitamins like B and grapes have an excellent health benefits. The major grape growing countries are Itly, France, Spin, USA, South Africa.
#Grown Areas of Grape:-
- our Grape is cultivated under a variety of soil and climate conditions in three distinct agro- climatic zones.
- The region extends the northwestern plains corresponding to 28 and 32 N latitude including delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Panjab, Pune, Maharashtra, Nashik.
#Nutritive and Medical Value of Grape:-
- Help relieving migraine and healing kidney problems and Asthma.
- Fight breast cancer.
- Grapes are good for diabetic patients. And also helpful to eye degeneration prevent.
- Helpful in treating Alzheimer’s disease.
- Boost immune power and help fight viral infections.
- Good for skin and hair health.
#How Can Grow Grapes…?
- Plant dormant, bare-root grape vines in the early spring.
- Construct a trellis or arbor before planting.
- Most grape verities are self-Fertile.
- Before planting, soak their roots in water for two or three hours.
- Select a site with full sun. If you don’t have a spot with full sun then make sure at least gets morning sun.
- Spaces vines 6 to 10 feet apart. Each dig a planting hole 12 inches deep and 12 inches wide.
- Water at time of planting.
#Varieties of Grape Cultivated in India:
- There are many varieties grown in different parts of the country.
- Some of the most popular commercial varieties are depend on grapes with seed and without seed.
- It is available in three colors. Green, red, black.
#Growing Requirement for Grapes:
- Grapes are grown under both sub-tropical and tropical conditions. Grape crop prefers both hot and dry weather conditions.
- Temperature, Humidity, Frost conditions and rainfall are the major factors that use to grape production.
- Coastal areas are not suitable for grape coz of its high rainfall and Humidity.
- The Optimal temperature for grape cultivation is 15 C to 40 C and climate should be clear for 3 months during cropping method.
- Grapes grow well in the regions where annual rainfall does not above 900 mm.
#Suitable soil/Land Preparation for Grape Farming:
- Grapes can be grown in wide range of soils.
- However, Sandy to Clayey and Loamy soils with good drainage and organic matter are ideal for grape cultivation.
- Soils having ph value of 6.5 to 7.5 are best for its growth and good yield.
- Salinity in the soil is the major hindrance that impacts the growth and yield of the crop.
- Land should be prepared by giving 3 or 4 deep sloughing by a tractor followed by harrowing it thrice. And please check previous crop seeds are remove propel.
- If you are planning for drip irrigation, it is not required to have perfect leveling of land.
- Supplement the soil with appropriate garden compost or well-decomposed farmyard manure.
- Soil should have proper drainage to drain-out any excess water.
#Best Planting season for Grape farming :
- Grapes can be grown throughout the year where irrigation facility and low-frost conditions, good temperatures are available.
#Spacing Between Plants:
- Basically, spacing varies with the variety and soil fertility.
- Under organic farming conditions , a spacing of 2.5 meter* 1.5 meter*2.75 meter* 1.50 meter* and 3.0 meter* 1.5 meter should be used.
- Pits of 90* 90* 90 cm in size should be dug and filled with soil and well-decomposed farmyard manure.
- Usually a FMY of 50 to60 tones/ha is sufficient in grape production.
- In order to settle the soil in pits, carry out a light it irrigation.
- Mostly Rectangular system of planting is used in grape farming.
#Fertilizers and Nutrition requirements in Grape farming:
- Well- decomposed farmyard manure (FMY) should be applied at the rate of 50-60 tones/ha during land preparation.
- Balanced nutrition and use of chemical, organic and biofertilisers is essential to get a good yield every year.
- About 750 to 900 N, 450 to 600 P and 800 to 1000 K Kg/ ha/ year should be applied.
- To improve the quality of fruits, a solution of sugar, humic acid and coconut water should be sprayed at bud development stage.
#Water supply/Irrigation in Grape Farming:
- Regular Irrigation should be practiced in grape cultivation.
- IN case of drip irrigation is used, 45 to 50 liters of water in summer, 35 to 40 liters of water in rainy season per vine should be applied.
- In case of flood irrigation is used, 5-6 days interval during summer, 9-10 days interval during winter, and 18-20 days interval during rainy season should be maintained.
- In case of heavy rains, make sure to drain out the water as soon as possible.
#Disease in Grapes:
- Flea beetles
- Leaf hoppers
- Mealy bugs
- No inter crop should be grown in vineyards as growing of inter crop shall be at the cost of training of vines.
- Harvesting season varies from area and variety to variety.
- Grape is harvested almost all the year round.
- If not all the varieties, one or the other variety is always available at any given time of the year.
- Well matured bunches having at least 18 brix should be harvested.
- 3 to 4kg corrugated boxes should be used for packing the grapes.
- If you are planned to transport long distances, grape guards, pouches should be kept inside the boxes.
Please follow and like us: